Do I need a visa if I plan to work in Canada?

Yes, unless you are a Canadian citizen, you must have a visa if you plan to work after your program in Canada. The best option for most people is the Working Holiday Visa. International Experience Canada (IEC) provides young individuals the opportunity to travel and work in Canada. IEC is available in countries that have a bilateral youth mobility arrangement with Canada.

Countries that fall under the International Experience Canada catergory include: Australia, United Kingdom, Belgium, Chilie, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Rep., Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Ukraine.

To apply for a working holiday visa and you must be aged between 18 and 30 inclusive, have no previous criminal convictions and hold a current passport. Some of the listed countries above may also require additional documentation - you should view the webiste for more details on what might be required for you. 

Visit the International experience Canada website and follow the steps

If you want to travel and work temporarily in Canada as part of International Experience Canada (IEC), your first step is to become a candidate in one or more IEC pools.

You can determine your eligibility by answering a series of questions using this link

***Please Note: Whilst we have a program called 'Intership at Whistler Blackcomb' neither YES Tours nor Whistler Blackcomb will be able to provide you with a letter of offer or any other employment documentation for the visa application process. You should apply for the International Experience Canada working holiday visaThe Working Holiday visa does not require a job placement letter as the visa is an open work permit to work anywhere in Canada for a predetermined length of time.

Please answer NO for the following questions asked in the 'Determine your eligibility' questionaire

 - Do you plan to do a work placement or internship in Canada as part of your studies? NO

- Do you have a signed letter of offer, contract of employment, or internship agreement from an employer in Canada? NO

For more information on employment and work visas, visit the International Experience Canada website here

If your nationality doesn't show up on the list above there amy be other options for you. Please use this link: Canada working visa help to find out about your options. 

Alternatively, if you cannot apply for the working holiday visa it may be possible to gain employment with a smaller resorts within Canada who may be willing to sponsor your visa - again a friendly reminder that neither YES Tours or Whistler Blackcomb will be able to offer any employment offer or documentation to assist with visa applications. 

Instructor Clients